Years ago, my sister made the neatest holder for my curling iron. It's lining is made of teflon coated material and you can store your curling iron in it when the iron is still hot. Its wonderful for traveling and even better for everyday use because you don't have to wait for it to cool down before storing away. I use it all the time. I think its one of the best gifts anyone has ever given me! She shared the pattern with me, but the instructions were for using a quilted placemat. I don't know if you've looked lately, but stores don't sell those kinds of placemats at the moment. At least I haven't been able to find any.
I was needing one of these nifty holders to use in carrying my aunt's curling iron back and forth to the skilled nursing facility where she currently lives. Sooooo....
I came up with a modified pattern,
bought some double-sided quilted material sold by the yard at the fabric store, bias tape, and some teflon coated material for the lining,
and came up with my own version of a very handy thing to have!
~Nancy~
What a nice job you did! It looks very good. I, too, use mine all of the time. A useful tool and a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMarcene