Monday, March 5, 2012

Green Means Wake Up!

And I bet you thought green means go.

Our youngest granddaughter has always been an early riser. And, once she's up, she's up. Her parents are very kind to each other and take turns getting up with her while the other sleeps in on Saturdays and holidays.

Not too long ago they heard about a neat clock for the preschool crowd and decided to give it a try. It's called the "Okay to Wake" clock and has been a life changer for them.


Here is a picture of the one they have. It only took a couple of days for C to understand the concept and follow the clock's lead on wake up time. Pretty simple, really. When it is time to get up, the white around the pink area will glow green. If she wakes up and it isn't shining green, she knows it's not time to get up yet. It really works!

Last week C and I were in the car waiting at a red light that seemed to be taking a really long time to change. As soon as it turned green I said "It's green! Green means go." And from the back seat I heard her sweet little almost 2 year old voice say, "Green means wake up!"

And so it does!
~Nancy~

1 comment: