Monday, February 13, 2012

Napping at Grammy's and Poppy's

For some reason, our youngest granddaughter (22 months old) has never taken good naps at our house. Sometimes I think its because we're having too much fun playing! It couldn't possibly be that I'm a pushover. *ahem*

Last week the babysitter's daughter was sick so Charlotte spent a couple of days at our house while mom and dad were at work. The first day, she finally settled down and napped for about an hour. The second day, she had a hard time getting in the nap mode. We have a routine before nap that we follow and we even sang our rocking song after reading her book. I could tell she was tired but she wasn't having anything to do with her crib. I finally decided to try laying down with her on the bed that is in that room....

We laid down and I closed my eyes and "played possum". She started out being still for all of 30 seconds then tossed and turned and flipped and flopped. I didn't know you could change positions that much while keeping your head on a pillow! At one point, I could tell she had gotten pretty still but was moving around a little and when I peeked, she was doing leg lifts! Both legs at the same time! Wish I could do that. I ignored her and closed my eyes until in just a little bit she put her face close to mine and went "heh, heh, heh". I really wanted to laugh but I knew I didn't dare. Instead, after the second "heh, heh, heh" I opened my eyes, sat up, picked her up then stood between the crib and the big bed. Then, I told her that it was time to take a nap and "go nite, nite". I asked her if she wanted to sleep in the crib or the big bed and she pointed to the big bed. We laid back down and she was asleep in less than a minute. And, she slept for 2 hours! She never sleeps that long at our house.

I wondered what she would do when she woke up. Would she get up and open the bedroom door or call me? She called me and when I went in there she had a puzzled look on her face that said "where am I?".

What do you want to bet she's through with napping in the crib at Grammy's and Poppy's?
~Nancy~

1 comment:

  1. She is growing up! She knows what she wants!
    So precious.
    Marcene

    ReplyDelete