Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tron: Legacy - Thumbs Up!


One of my Christmas presents this year was a DVD. A few days after everyone went back to their homes and we had some time to put things away, etc., I discovered a sticker on the back of the DVD. That sticker promised a free coupon good for up to $12 to buy a single ticket to see the new "Tron: Legacy" movie. Nancy didn't particularly want to see it, so I printed off my coupon from the internet and this morning I went to the first showing. I don't know that I ever actually saw the original 1982 Tron movie - but I did sort of know its premise and I had seen snippets of it from time to time.
Well, I may have to rent the original now, because the new one was really quite good! I particularly liked the use of color schemes they used - the good (white accents) against the bad (red accents), with powerful sound. And, the showing I went to was all digital 3D - and that really made some of the explosions come right out into my face! The ending was good - but I won't spoil it for anyone in case you haven't seen it yet...
Cheers,
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment