Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

Aahhhh, January. I know a lot of people don't care for January, but it's my favorite month of the year and has been for a long time. I began to appreciate January after our oldest son started school and about the same time became involved in playing soccer. It seemed that beginning with the school Valentine party in February there was always something happening with something else "right around the corner". March would bring spring soccer and Spring Break, April was usually Easter and a trip to New Braunfels, May found school winding down along with the end of the spring soccer season. But, no sooner than soccer ended, little league baseball began and if you were on a winning team, lasted until the first couple of weeks of July. July also found us celebrating the 4th at the lake with my family. Several years we camped in Colorado at the end of July/beginning of August. No sooner were we back from Colorado then it was time to get ready for School and fall soccer. Finding a good school/study groove in September was always a challenge, then getting ready for Halloween, then Thanksgiving and all the while running in the background was preparations for Christmas. And all of a sudden it would be January with nothing going on. No sports practice to get to, no school parties to prepare for... I loved it. And I love it still.

Yesterday we put away our Christmas decorations, and I've been cleaning house from our company so that we can start off the first full week of January with everyting in its place and in balance. I may even sit down and read my January magazines. After that, learn how to use my Kindle Tom gave me for Christmas. Maybe we'll have some cold weather and I can read and drink hot chocolate or cook soup. Or think about what we might accomplish this year and make some lists of things we want to do around the house this year. Whatever 2011 is going to bring, I'm glad it begins with January.
~Nancy~

1 comment:

  1. It is lovely to begin the year with some quiet time. Happy new year to you cousin.

    ReplyDelete