Here's the culprit on the left...Pop out the woofers from the door on each side, replace with new ones obtained online (no sales tax), put door panel back up, screw in three screws, and pop back in 5 door components/panels and good sounds once again emanate!
After almost exactly 10 years, both woofers in the front doors of my Silverado started failing - sputtering and fuzzing out badly. After considering various aftermarket options - all at greatly increased price points, I decided to just go for new OEM exact replacment speakers (out of South Dakota of all places) since the originals sounded great anyway.
It is so easy to be spoiled these days with information so readily available online. I quickly found exact instructions on how to pull the door panel off to get to the speakers, and then went online again to find replacements, having them delivered directly to my front door a little while ago. Some 20 minutes later, both failing speakers have been replaced and I can play my music loud once more!
Tom




It's neat you're able to do stuff like that!
ReplyDelete