Our two and a half year old granddaughter was over the other day and we were reading books together. There is one book we've read over and over called Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb about things you do with your hands. There isn't much of a plot or story, I really think she likes the rhythm of the words. But on this day she was looking closely at the pictures. She stopped me on this page:
She looked at the pictures and said she wanted shiny rings! I said all right and proceeded to dig around in the toy closet until I found the container with play jewelry that I knew had a pink plastic ring with a play rhinestone.
That wasn't it! She wanted SHINY rings. (Emphasis on shiny) And, she stroked the fingers of one hand with the other hand.
Then it hit me!
These were the shiny rings she was thinking of!
They are little LED lights that have little elastic loops you wear on your fingers like so
Luckily, I had seen them in one of the drawers in the kitchen the other day so knew just where they were! She turned them on, put them on her fingers, and played with them for the rest of the book.


No comments:
Post a Comment