Friday, December 2, 2011

October Garage Sale

We had a garage sale!

Now, neither one of us are fans of garage sales. We like the IDEA of garage sales because we've witnessed lots of great things that friends or siblings have bought. Some even keep lists of things to "look out for" and eventually find what they are wanting. But neither of us enjoy going around to garage sales and hunting through bunches of stuff. (And, yes, we probably miss out on a lot of stuff we didn't even know we needed/wanted!)

But, when we moved my aunt to this area, we needed to dispose of a lot of her things and clothes, etc. that we didn't have room for.

Since our neighborhood has a "Neighborhood Garage Sale Day" twice a year, we decided to schedule ours for the one held in October. The HOA registers the neighborhood with the city and takes care of signs at the neighborhood entrances. Then those who want to, have their garage sales on the same day. We were organized and ready. One of my sisters and her granddaughter came to help as did my cousin. Tom and I couldn't have done it without their help!

Thought I'd show a few pictures...


















We don't think we will EVER do that again.
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of well-organized work. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see all of the pics, since I couldn't be there. Ya'll did a good job getting ready for the day.
    Marcene

    ReplyDelete