I failed to get a group picture before we left Dad's house so took one when we stopped at McDonald's in Vernon. A much needed cool front had made its way into Texas that morning and we were enjoying the dryer, cooler temperature. When you've been suffering through so many days in a row of 100+ temps this summer as we have, low 90's and upper 80's feels great!
By the time we got to Amarillo, we thought it was time to find something to eat besides snacks. When we were growing up, we always ate Sunday supper at The Pancake House. My sister suggested this place and it was a winner!

And LOOK! Everyone at our table qualified for their senior menu! And, we didn't even mind 'cause as it says right on the menu - Seniority has its privileges!

That's a good looking group of privileged citizens!

We had reservations for the night in Dalhart and were glad to arrive after our 8 hours of travel.

And LOOK! Everyone at our table qualified for their senior menu! And, we didn't even mind 'cause as it says right on the menu - Seniority has its privileges!

That's a good looking group of privileged citizens!

We had reservations for the night in Dalhart and were glad to arrive after our 8 hours of travel.
Well, Hello friend! I've enjoyed pancakes from these wonderful little machines before...
But this spread had quite a selection and I went for something else. Yum, Yum, Eat'm up!

All packed and ready to head out Monday. It was a nice cool and sunny kind of Texas Panhandle morning.

We enjoy being together and tend to do a lot of laughing and this trip was no different. As one of my sisters wrote on another blog, sometimes we had to lower the window to let all the laughter out!
But this spread had quite a selection and I went for something else. Yum, Yum, Eat'm up!
All packed and ready to head out Monday. It was a nice cool and sunny kind of Texas Panhandle morning.
We enjoy being together and tend to do a lot of laughing and this trip was no different. As one of my sisters wrote on another blog, sometimes we had to lower the window to let all the laughter out!
So, with my apologies to Ernest Tubb... this sums it up!
When we laugh together, my world's in disguise
It's a fairy-land tale that's come true
And when y'all look at me with those laugh sparkled eyes
I can laugh across Texas with you.
It's a fairy-land tale that's come true
And when y'all look at me with those laugh sparkled eyes
I can laugh across Texas with you.
Laugh across Texas with y'all in the car
Laugh across Texas with y'all
Telling stories and tales, with giggles and gales
I can laugh across Texas with y'all.
Laugh across Texas with y'all
Telling stories and tales, with giggles and gales
I can laugh across Texas with y'all.
My heartaches and troubles are just up and gone
The moment y'all come into view
And with y'all in the car, I can laugh on and on
I can laugh across Texas with you.
~Nancy~
The moment y'all come into view
And with y'all in the car, I can laugh on and on
I can laugh across Texas with you.
~Nancy~


I love the words to the song...it was a fun and rewarding trip. I'm thankful we were able to take Daddy and Lucille!
ReplyDeleteMarcene
It was truly a most enjoyable trip! Going to Texline with Daddy brings back so many memories! Love the word to the song - that's just what we did too.
ReplyDeleteRita