As you can read from the prior post, old man winter has hit North Texas quite hard this week. It's as if we lived in Michigan or something! The weathermen (and most anybody you talk to, for that matter) are all ga-ga over the record breaking cold temperatures and the heavy layer of rain-turned-to-ice coating of everything earlier this week. Today, Friday, was supposed to be the day the temperatures would finally get back above freezing since last Monday night when the artic cold came in. However, I'm not sure that is going to happen today - it may be tomorrow. Last night we watched the weather and they were predicting a "slight dusting" of snow overnight, with points south and east (even as far down as Houston) getting 2-4" of snowfall. Well, that "slight dusting" turned out to be anywhere from 4-6" of Colorado Sunshine! See the beauty in this shot in front of our house...

Of course, being a native Texan and growing up in Corpus Christi, even 4-6" of snow is a big deal! It happened so infrequently during my lifetime, it doesn't take much to convince myself that shoveling snow off the driveway is a "fun" thing to do! It took me around 3 hours or so, but I got it done. Now if the sun will just come out this afternoon as predicted, I'll let 'ol Sol finish the job and dry it all off.

Cheers,
Good for you Tom. I'll send you a picture of Charlie Brown (Corrie's dad) shoveling snow off their roof in preparation for more snow. Glad I'm not further north.
ReplyDeleteYes, you are one of the only people I know that would think 3 hours of shoveling snow off the driveway would be fun! Did you at least go somewhere to celebrate a clear driveway?
ReplyDeleteDanny Brounoff on KRLD radio nailed your forecast. He moved to DFW from Abilene KTAB tv. Listen for Danny. He says that you will have freezing rain about 3am Wed, followed by 3-6 inches of snow. Schools will be out Wed and Thursday. See if you can get his forecasts. He was very accurate on this last two series of storms.
ReplyDelete