One of the fun things I participated in this summer was the 2nd Annual Cousin Camp. It is a summertime get-together of my sister's grandkids for them to be together and have fun and maybe learn a little something along the way. I was invited to tag along and take pictures.
We did so much in the four days the kids were together! One of the neat things we did was go to the Sue and Frank Mayborn Cultural History Museum Complex on the Baylor University campus in Waco. The entire museum is great and well worth a visit. It is also very "hands on" for kids.

We were lucky enough to visit the museum while there was a "traveling" Lego exhibit in residence! If you or your kids enjoy working with Legos... well, I'll just say you really, really, REALLY would have been WOWed!

Besides the intricate displays like the knight and dragon below, there were several areas set up for the kids of all levels to build their own masterpieces.

Lifesized knight built entirely of Legos. I was surprised it wasn't behind plexiglass or had a fence around it or something!

The dragon above is made of Legos as is the critter in the treasure chest.

We could have stayed in this one section for hours!


It was a fun start to exploring a fun museum!
Nancy
I love the idea of cousin camp!
ReplyDeleteLegos are one of the greatest toys ever.